www.flickr.com

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Movie Tip: Rotate Movies With BitPlayer

I've run into a rather simple problem. When taking short movies with a digital camera, it is sometimes nice to film in a portrait orientation. However, digital cameras always assume movies are in a landscape orientation.

It turns out that there are a number of available tools to rotate movies. I'm sure that most top-end movie editors can do this, but iMovie doesn't. QuickTime Pro can, but I don't want to shell out for the pro tools just for a simple edit.

The solution I found is to use BitPlayer, a simple video player with the abilities to apply some transformations and re-encodings. All we have to do is rotate the video in the playback display and export it with the current settings applied. All very simple!

2 comments:

  1. Just what I was looking for, but it turned out to be for OSX :( I need something in Windows to rotate movie clips

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simple solution is to get OS X. Really, who uses Windows anymore?

    ReplyDelete